WELCOME to Richland Springs Baptist Church!
We are a little country church with a big love for God, Jesus, The Bible, Family and our community. As Southern Baptists, we understand the need to perform Missions work, the necessity to witness whenever possible and the power of prayer.
We celebrated 150 years in service to The Lord back in 2009 and have continued to grow, both in numbers and faith, since RSB's conception in 1859. We have an awesome mix of young and old at Richland Springs Baptist. This allows our church to be steeped in tradition, yet just modern enough to keep the interest of the younger and newer members, without offending the traditional values of the older, long-time members .... which is, after all, what has attracted so many of us to become new members of such an old church.
COME, pray with us - you will want to stay with us too!
Richland Springs Baptist is fortunate to be blessed with such a faithful and devoted preacher, Steve Jones, as well as his wife, Laurie and their children, Lauren and Phillip. What a blessing indeed, to find such a devout family - so committed to our church, it's members and our community.
What we believe:
Here, at Richland Springs Baptist Church, we believe there is one and only one living and true God. Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ, He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died for all our sins. Salvation is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who, by His own blood, obtained eternal redemption for the believer. All true believers endure to the end. Those whom God has accepted in Christ, and sanctified by His Spirit will never fall away from the state of grace, but shall persevere to the end.
Our Church History
Richland Springs Baptist Church was organized on August 12th, 1859, after a tent meeting on the grounds, at which time, 25 members from Dry Creek Baptist + 3 from Sardis Baptist Church transferred their memberships. The original 28 charter members began by meeting in each others' homes, then at a brush arbor constructed on the property until the original church structure was completed in 1880 using hand-hewn timbers and wooden pegs made all from trees found on the grounds. Some of this amazing original construction is still visible in the attic of our Sanctuary.
The photo above is the earliest known picture we have of our church and, on the right, is a later picture of the original church before ....
.... it was raised up to make room for the Sunday School classes (we still use today) to be added below. Several additions
and facelifts later, we have our church today.